S2E19: Laughter Is The Best Medicine with Myq Kaplan
In this episode, Shelley talks to Myq Kaplan, a comedian who has performed on the Tonight Show, Conan, the Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Seth Meyers, the Late Late Show with James Corden, in his own half-hour Comedy Central Presents special, and in his own one-hour special now on Amazon, “Small, Dork, and Handsome.” He has been a finalist on Last Comic Standing and recently appeared on America’s Got Talent.
His debut album “Vegan Mind Meld” was one of iTunes’ top 10 comedy albums of the year and his new album, “A.K.A.,” is out now.
Join Shelley and Myq as they talk about Judaism, comedy, and positive changes.
MYQ’S TOOLS FOR POSITIVE CHANGE
MYQ’S BOOKS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Start Where You are: A Guide To COmpassionate Living by Pema Chodron
- Practicing Peace In Times Of War: A Buddhist’s Perspective by Pema Chodron
- Alan Cohen books
- The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Several Short Sentences About Writing by Verlyn Klinkenborg
- A Course In Miracles by Dr Helen Schucman
Mental Health apps
- Insight Timer
- Waking Up
- @myqkaplan on all social media platforms